Confession: All this excitement over Michael in a movie with Ryan Gosling has me worried. Don't get me wrong. I love Michael's work and I'm happy for his success. But, I feel as though I always liked his slight obscurity. I would always get excited when others knew of him and his work. It was a sign of a person with taste. I guess this exposure makes me weary of his foray into the general population, for the acusations that exist now and, the ones ahead. I hope he doesn't forget his roots.
I think the days of Michael being obscure have been over for a while now. He’s got projects coming out the wazoo and just think about how many magazine covers he’s graced in the past year alone. His exposure is increasing with or without Gosling/Malick. I’m sure he’ll continue his tradition of successfully mixing bigger and smaller budget films. As far as the consequences of his increasing popularity, well, the inevitable is inevitable. It’ll be up to him to remain grounded and I believe he will.
- sarao77 likes this
- s-jnl likes this
- synekdokee said: Oh jfc, “I liked him before he was cool” fuck offfff
- helens78-cat likes this
- lokimaxiejackie likes this
- obsessiveduchess likes this
- joneseybobblewhore likes this
- lazy-culotte said: i had this feeling when ryan (gosling) became a “IT” in 2010….
- inutrimentiterrestri likes this
- browngirlslovefassy posted this