EXCLUSIVE: MICHAEL FASSBENDER MAY BE TRIGGERMAN ON NATALIE PORTMAN’S ‘JANE GOT A GUN’
It may be that Jane Got a Gun, but it’s looking more and more like Michael Fassbender will be its triggerman: Our spies tell us that Fassbender is negotiating to star in the Western that’s already attracted Natalie Portman and We Need to Talk About Kevin director Lynne Ramsay.
In Jane, Portman, who is also producing, would play a woman married to an outlaw who returns home bullet-riddled and half-dead, betrayed by criminal confederates hot on his heels. Fassbender would play the ex-lover Portman seeks out to help her defend her farm from the imminent onslaught of black hats.
The project is being made independently, with the budget well under $20 million. That’s cheap enough to be financed entirely through Portman’s handsomecharlie films, which has backing from 1821, the financing outfit run by Greek shipping heir (is there any other kind?) Paris Latsis and Terry Dougas.
And yes, while Latsis and Dougas have the dubious distinction of having executive produced the Cameron Diaz horror film The Box – one of the few films ever to receive an outright F CinemaScore — Jane Got a Gun is actually a cracklingly paced script by Brian Duffield that made Hollywood’s annual “black list” last year.
It will be interesting to see if a deal can be sealed with Fassbender, who’s currently in the midst of shooting The Counselor with his old Prometheus director Ridley Scott. If the talks continue to go as well as they have, we hear the plan is to put Jane before cameras by early next year.
I’m not a Portman fan but this project sounds interesting. What do you think?
- brightpinkglitter reblogged this from fuckyeahmichaelfassbender
- davidobsession reblogged this from queeniestargazer
- davidobsession likes this
- queeniestargazer reblogged this from browngirlslovefassy
- queeniestargazer likes this
- groovygenes reblogged this from mcfoily
- wholockoncer likes this
- synekdokee reblogged this from browngirlslovefassy
- sagtts likes this
- petite-flamme-qui-rient reblogged this from fuckyeahmichaelfassbender
- sharrrkkk reblogged this from fuckyeahmichaelfassbender
- aw8tingannabell reblogged this from fuckyeahmichaelfassbender
- mochabeancoffeeandmilk likes this
- rav13 likes this
- litmech likes this
- sushiofmischief reblogged this from fuckyeahmichaelfassbender
- nosoymanilababy likes this
- lilymydear reblogged this from fuckyeahmichaelfassbender
- blackgingerbabies likes this
- supaslim reblogged this from fuckyeahmichaelfassbender
- rosemimosa likes this
- iswearihavetalent likes this
- stepharose likes this
- reddieedmaynes likes this
- pearlintotheground likes this
- nightfalling likes this
- rsharky likes this
- daughteroftheeast likes this
- betchplease2 likes this
- marvelousmachinery reblogged this from fuckyeahmichaelfassbender and added:
- frespana likes this
- fuckyeahmichaelfassbender reblogged this from browngirlslovefassy
- fassbendre reblogged this from browngirlslovefassy
- ilovetvseriesandmovies likes this
- dyslexialexi reblogged this from natalieportmanfan
- 2fass2furious likes this
- theamazingfassbender reblogged this from emiliejoane
- emiliejoane reblogged this from browngirlslovefassy
- emiliejoane likes this
- louis-tenn likes this
- yourareunearthlything reblogged this from scifantasy
- life-on-the-geek-side likes this
- bane-is-my-masked-bitch reblogged this from heartsrobandfassy
- crashinmyimagination likes this
- duhhlanie likes this
- bane-is-my-masked-bitch likes this
- myhobbitpippin reblogged this from david-8
- forfassyssake said: Same. I don’t think she’s a great actress. I’m sure he’d kill it, though.
- scifantasy reblogged this from browngirlslovefassy
- tindu reblogged this from browngirlslovefassy